Engagement pictures are an exploding trend these days.
I've seen just as many engagement pictures as I have wedding ones! Here's why we are jumping on the bandwagon:
1. To use them as a part of the wedding decor
2. To get a taste of what it will be like as center of the camera's attention
3. To capture this time as a newly engaged couple
Plus, it will be fun!!!
I want our engagement photos to be unique! I'm not thinking Sears still shots, I'm going impromptu. Here are some ways we plan to jazz up our session:
1. Incorporate the outdoors or go someplace fun
2. Use props like balloons or food
3. Have a versitile wardrobe
We're going to save on money by asking a good friend, relative or photography student (at the nearby community college) to take the pictures.
Here are a few good reads I found on the new trend:
Wedding Channel – What should I wear for an engagement shoot?
Brides.com Photography & Video Etiquette
How To Take Unique And Creative Engagement Photos -- Ideas, Tips and Examples
For a good laugh:
Love is funny: Awesomely bad engagement photos
I hope ours turn out half as good as the ones you see here: