Sunday, April 18, 2010

And... We're Back!

Please Pardon My Absence...

I haven't been motivated to blog for a number of reasons (I've been busy at work, transitions at home, etc), but mostly because I was really tired of the way this blog looked. Cute as it may have been to many of you, after seven months of the same template, I felt I needed a change. I'm the type of girl that rearranges her room every few months (sometimes weeks)... so a makeover was overdue. I wanted something fresh, new, and with three columns. Hence, the new look. What do you think?


As for the wedding plans, they are well underway! We're in the midst of finalizing engagement party details and I also took a trip over to our venue (Oxon Hill Manor) on April 9th, exactly one year and one day until our actual wedding! Everything is moving at an excellent pace and I couldn't be happier. Our venue is absolutely stunning and I have a lot to share about my visit (and new-found love for Oxon Hill in the spring)! Not to mention a few new photos!


Busy, Busy, Busy...

We've been marking things off our massive to do list and discussing the must haves (and don't needs). While we've narrowed down and decided on things like our website, our venue, and photographer, we're still in the midst of making many, many decisions on other things like our invitations, videographer, and ceremony setup, which I hope you'll help with!


When I'm Not Wedding Planning...

I'm running! I haven't shared much about my love for running on the blog, but I'm hoping that will change! Running is my favorite thing to do (besides read wedding blogs) and I just completed my first 10 mile race! On April 11th, I participated in the Cherry Blossom 10-miler in Washington, DC, and it was exhilirating! I just started running about 2 years ago and now I can't imagine life without my iPod and asic sneakers!


My New Best Friend...

Is a laptop!! Whether it was because he noticed I wasn't blogging as often or saw how frustrated I saw with  my old pc, my man surprised me with a new latptop this past weekend!! I love it, love it, love it, love it!!! I'm still in shock, but happy as ever to have a brand new place to do all my blogging and wedding planning on! It's a Toshiba and it's just perfect! Her and I are becoming fast friends...

I promise to be better and blog often. Thanks for stopping by!

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Template by suckmylolly.com